SPB SOLUTIONS INC.
Date : September 15, 2023
SPB Solutions Inc. hereinafter referred to as the “Company” is committed to protecting your personal information. We recognize and appreciate the trust you place in us and are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of data collected from visitors to our website, all in accordance with the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector and other applicable laws and regulations related to the protection of personal information (collectively referred to as the “Act”), including those related to identity, health, social or family status, employment, financial information, education, or training of individuals concerned (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”).
ARTICLE 1 – PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
When you browse our website, the Company may collect certain personal information about you. Generally, we only collect such personal information when you provide it to us directly and on a voluntary basis.
For the purposes of this policy, “personal information” means any information which relates to a natural person and allows that person to be identified, , as defined from time to time in applicable privacy legislation. This personal information may include, in particular:
- your name and address;
- your phone number, mailing address, email address or other personal contact information;
- banking details, credit card numbers or other billing-related information;
- personal data that you provide to us, as a customer;
- details of your visits to our website or other information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies;
- technical data, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, which allows us to obtain more details about the browser and operating system you are using;
- recruitment-related information, including but not limited to resumes, education information, and previous work experiences;
- information you may provide to us in connection with workshop registration or participation to seminars, conferences, meetings or other events;
- marketing-related information and your communication preferences; and
- any other personal data about you, that you may provide to us.
ARTICLE 2 – USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company collects, uses, and communicates personal information about its customers and suppliers in the provision of its services. We collect, use, and communicate your personal information for the following purposes:
- establishing and maintaining relationships with our customers, suppliers, and other partners;
- providing professional advice and services, fulfilling our professional obligations, and avoiding conflicts of interest;
- communicating personal information to third parties and receiving personal information from them to provide professional services;
- assessing the opportunity for the Company to establish business relationships with potential customers or suppliers, including assessing their solvency;
- issuing invoices, monitoring billing, collecting amounts owed to us, and, if necessary, pursuing legal remedies in connection with debt recovery;
- establishing or maintaining an employment relationship or contractual relationship, or terminating it;
- analyzing the needs and preferences of our customers, suppliers, and third parties and communicating with them in this regard, including through surveys or evaluations;
- developing, enhancing, marketing, selling, or providing Company services;
- distributing newsletters and other informative communications, information related to workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings, or other events;
- collecting, using, and disclosing your personal information as permitted by legal or regulatory requirements and to comply with such requirements; and
- collecting, using, and disclosing your personal information for any other purposes to which you consent.
ARTICLE 3 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
If we ask you to provide us with personal information for any reason, such as for marketing purposes, for example, we will directly ask for your explicit consent and we will give you the opportunity to refuse.
How do I withdraw my consent?
We provide you with the opportunity to unsubscribe or withdraw your consent for future communications regarding any marketing communication you receive. If, after giving us your consent, you change your mind and no longer consent to us contacting you, collecting your information, or communicating it, you can notify us by contacting us by email at [email protected] or by mail at the following address: SPB Solutions Inc., 1350 Newton, Boucherville, Quebec, Canda, J4B 5H2.
ARTICLE 4 – COMMUNICATION
We will not disclose, communicate, exchange, or sell your personal information to anyone unless you have expressly authorized us to do so or we are required to do so by law or by a court order.
ARTICLE 5 – THIRD-PARTY LINKS
You may be directed to leave our website by clicking on certain links on our site. If you visit third-party websites from such a link, we recommend that you carefully review their privacy policies before submitting personal information to them. The Company assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices exercised by these other websites and recommends that you carefully read their privacy policies.
ARTICLE 6 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to ensure that it is not lost, misused, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed inappropriately.
The Company ensures that the personal information it collects is as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is used. You have the right to request access to the personal information we have collected about you and to ask for it to be corrected, if needed. You may send such a request or any questions or complaints regarding this policy or the Company’s practices regarding the protection of personal information to our personal information protection officer by email at [email protected].
ARTICLE 7 – COOKIES
Most browsers are designed to accept cookies but can easily be modified to block them; your browser’s help files contain information on blocking cookies, detecting cookies that are sent to you, and disabling cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our website, you may not be able to take advantage of all of its features.
ARTICLE 9 – QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you wish to correct, modify or delete any personal information we have about you or access it, file a complaint, or if you just want more information, contact our privacy standards agent at [email protected].
 RLRQ c. P-39.1